Aloe Vera is a tropical plant that has been used in ayurveda for thousands of years. It contains countless medicinal benefits. It has strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe vera is a thick, short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves. Aloe vera plant is known for its thick, pointed, and fleshy green leaves, which may grow to about thirty to fifty centimeters in length.
Each leaf contains a slimy tissue that stores water, and this makes the leaves thick. This water filled tissue is the “gel” that people associate with aloe vera products.
The gel contains most of the beneficial bioactive compounds in the plant, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants.
Aloe Vera Gel and it's amazing benefits on the skin
- Puffiness and Dark Circles- Puffy eyes and dark circles are worsened with inflammation and swelling around the eyes. Aloevera gel contains anti-inflammatory properties that give off a cooling sensation and reduces puffiness. It may improve skin moisture, support mature skin, and reduce inflammation, all of which may help treat dark circles.
- Reduces Acne- using chemicals and chemical based products on the skin can leave the skin worse than before. Aloe vera get is a natural gel that has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties that help fight acne. It also contains high moisture content that soothes skin and leaves it soft and hydrated.
- Moisturizes dry skin- For people with dry skin or during cold weather, there is a decrease in moisture levels of the skin . One of the remedies to avoiding cracked and chapped skin is by massaging aloe gel on your face regularly. The nourishing and healing properties of aloe vera will help keep it hydrated and moisturized while restoring it to its former softness. This is one of the most wonderful benefits of aloe vera gel for the face.
- Reduces pigmentation- Aloe Vera is known to contain depigmentation compounds that reduce dark spots and lighten the skin tone. Applying organic aloe vera gel daily before bedtime gives the best results in getting rid of pigmentation and dark spots on the face.
- Protects against Sun rays- Exposure to sunlight is a major cause of hyperpigmentation. Aloe Vera gel helps protect skin from harmful UV rays emitted by the sun. It acts as an organic and natural sunscreen and keeps the skin from getting tanned and also from getting sunburned. It also helps in reducing tan from the skin due its lightening properties.
- Contains antibacterial properties- Aloe Vera Gel is known to contain strong antibacterial properties that work fast to kill any bacteria on the skin. This helps in fighting infections and treating wounds.
- Reduces wrinkles- Aloe Vera gel helps reduce wrinkles by improving the condition of dry skin. It hydrates the skin and improves skin elasticity.
- No Side-Effects- Aloe Vera gel contains absolutely no side effects nor does it cause any adverse reactions. It is completely safe to use topically and improves skin immensely.
Aloe Vera Gel Face Masks for flawless skin
Aloe vera gel can also be combined with other natural ingredients and used as a face mask for even better results. Apply daily for best results.
- Honey and Aloe vera gel face mask-
1 Tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel
1 Tbsp of Organic Honey
Take one tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel and one tbsp of organic or raw honey. Combine the aloe vera gel and the raw honey in a bowl and mix well. Apply the mixture to cleansed skin all over the face generously. The mask can be applied only under the eyes as required as well. Be sure to carefully apply the mix avoiding it from entering the eyes. Leave for 15-20 minutes allowing the face mask to seep deep into the layers of the skin and treat it. Wash the face thoroughly. For best results, use daily.
- Lemon Juice and Aloe Vera gel face mask-
1 Tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel
1 Tbsp of Organic Lemon Juice
Take one tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel and one tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Combine the aloe vera gel and the lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Apply the mixture to cleansed skin all over the face generously. The mask can be applied only under the eyes as required as well. Be sure to carefully apply the mix avoiding it from entering the eyes. Leave for 15-20 minutes allowing the face mask to seep deep into the layers of the skin and treat it. Wash the face thoroughly. For best results, use daily. Lemon juice contains vitamin C that is known to help in brightening the skin.
Greatland’s Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel
Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel provides countless benefits for the skin. It contains anti-aging properties that help reduce wrinkles and age spots. It also contains antioxidants, anti-polluting, cleansing and Sunscreen properties. Regular use helps get rid of acne and pigmentation. To improve hydration of skin, apply aloevera gel generously and leave it overnight.
Benefits of Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel:
- Reduces acne
- Treats scars and wounds
- Reduces skin spots and blemishes
- Reduced wrinkles, stretch marks,
- Improves the appearance of dark circles
- Heals and hydrates chapped skin
- Improves skin elasticity
- It enhances the glow of the skin
- Protects skin from sun rays
How to Use:
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly with face wash or cleanser
- Apply generously to the skin and massage well
- Leave overnight and wash the next day
- Apply twice or thrice a day for best results